As the Vendor Manager at Westbase.io, you will work closely with our vendors, service providers and internal teams to develop propositions that provide Westbase.io with a competitive advantage, meet market demands and deliver real value to our customers.
The role will also include product and supplier management. We work hard to make the complex simple, whilst ensuring our customers know that they can rely on us to have paid attention to the technical details, backing all our propositions with a level of service that they can depend on and have come to expect of Westbase.io.
Working closely with our wider management team, the Vendor Manager will report directly to the Head of Product. The role will support initiatives across all Westbase.io product ranges; Hardware supply, Advanced Logistics, Professional and Managed Services.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will be:
- You will onboard and lead existing and new vendors to deliver results
- You will be accountable for the performance of all vendors you manage
- You will be responsible for identifying and delivering business development opportunities with identified vendors
- Communicating new, EOL and new features to the relevant teams across the business
- You will support the Head of Product in developing the overall hardware strategy ensuring that the commercial processes are managed efficiently and effectively
- Work with the wider management team to ensure that we are maximising our opportunity with each supplier
- Own and manage relationships with Legal, Procurement, Supply Chain and Finance for allocated hardware vendors to ensure we work seamlessly and effectively together to procure and deliver products and services to our channels and stakeholders
- Own performance reporting for all relevant vendors, including performance against commitments/agreements, the market, and our budget/forecasts and targets
- Implement Commercial Contract Management for vendors, including the identification, mitigation, and management of risk
- Own the escalation and resolution of commercial issues with each of the nominated hardware vendors.
What you need to have.
To do this job well you need to have:
- 4-5 years’ vendor management experience
- Experience of hardware products within telecommunications, wireless & 4G/5G
- A degree-level education, or another relevant qualification
- Excellent communication, organisational and project management skills
- The skill to work independently and to take initiative
- The ability to multi-task and be comfortable with changing priorities
- Highly proficient computer skills and a confident technology user overall
We are looking to hire energetic, committed people interested in the tech that we have to offer – and who understand that we perform best when we work together across our company.
Westbase.io is the leading distributor of 4G/5G, IoT and Extended Reality technologies, having connected tens of thousands of workers and businesses. We’re passionate about the technologies we represent and enabling organisations to deliver better customer experiences, safety and ways of working.
We are committed to creating a team and environment where each individual can thrive, helping everyone to progress in their chosen career paths. Our teams are encouraged to take initiative and work together, and every employee has the opportunity to make an impact.
So if you want to be part of a rapidly growing business and work with some seriously exciting technologies, apply today and we will work with you to help realise your career ambitions!
We are looking to hire energetic, committed people who understand that we perform best when we work together across our company. If this sounds like you, then get in touch.