he IOLAN DS1T will operate in industrial grade temperatures of -40F to +165F (-40°C to +74°C). Serial based equipment found with traffic management, oil and gas pipelines, weather tracking and other remote applications must function in temperatures that cannot be supported by commercial based serial device servers. Boasting this extended temperature feature along with a rugged steel casing, the IOLAN DS1T enables administrators to access remote serial console ports on equipment subjected to harsh environments and severe temperatures such as security cameras, alarms, traffic controllers, sensors and tracking devices through an IP network.
Features and Benefits
* TrueSerial® delivers the most authentic serial connections across Ethernet
* 66 Mhz, 87 MIPS processor for the best performance on the market
* Operation in environments requiring extended ambient operating temperatures on -40C to +74C (-40F to +165F).
* Indicators for network and serial interfaces for easy troubleshooting
* Plug " Play installation utility eliminates configuration hassles for all IOLANs on you IP network
* TruePort software provides true remote serial ports over an Ethernet LAN
* Share a serial port with multiple TCP or UDP servers
* Software Development Kit available to develop powerful custom applications
* Power over serial cable models eliminate costs of a separate power installation
* Next Generation IP support (IPv6) for investment protection and network compatibility
* Compact and protective solid steel enclosure for tabletop, wall mount or DIN rail mounting
Flexible and Reliable Serial to Ethernet Connections
The IOLAN DS1T is ideal for connecting serial-based COM port, UDP or TCP socket based applications to remote devices. Perle’s TruePort re-director provides fixed TTY or COM ports to server based applications enabling communication with remote devices connected to Perle device servers. You can also tunnel serial data between devices across an IP network.
Easy to set up and manage, the IOLAN DS1T has a software selectable RS-232/422/485 interface capability which simplifies setup and eliminates mechanical tampering associated with DIP switch based products.
Perle’s Device Management software, shipped as standard with the IOLAN DS1T, provides better centralised control and management of multiple units resulting in maximum uptime for your remote equipment. Protection against electrostatic discharges and power surges is provided on the IOLAN DS1T with its robust 15Kv ESD protection circuitry enabling organisations to utilise this solution with confidence.
Backed with the experience of connecting hundreds of thousands of different devices to Ethernet over the years, using a Perle Device Server you can rest assured that virtually any device with a serial COM port will operate in conjunction with your desired application exactly as it did when you had it directly connected. If the unlikely event occurs that the Perle Device Server does not enable this out of the box, Perle will make it work.
Perle IOLAN Device Servers utilise customer installable “Device Plug-ins” to successfully network devices where other solutions have failed.
Advanced IP Technology
With support for Next Generation IP (IPv6) the IOLAN range provides organisations with investment protection to meet this rapidly growing standard.
Demand for IPv6, which is compatible with IPv4 addressing schemes, is driven by the need for more IP address. With the implementation and rollout of advanced cellular networks, a robust method is needed to handle the huge influx of new IP addressable devices on the Internet.
It is therefore important for end users and integrators to select networking equipment that incorporates the IPv6 standard. The IOLAN line with support for IPv6 already built in, is the best choice in serial to Ethernet technology.
The Perle IOLAN DS1T Device Server is backed by the best service and support in the industry including Perle’s unique lifetime warranty. Since 1976 Perle has been providing its customers with networking products that have the highest levels of performance, flexibility and quality.