You have no items in your shopping cart.Add some to cart or login
Perle IDS-509G Managed Industrial Ethernet Switch with Gigabit Fibre 9 port Compact DIN Rail Switch
Frequently Bought With
In environments where high levels of electromagnetic interference ( EMI ) is a common phenomenon, like industrial plants, utilising fibre is critical. EMI can cause data corruption over copper-based Ethernet links. Data transmitted over fibre optic cable is completely immune to this type of noise ensuring optimal data transmission across the plant floor.
With over 82 models, the Perle IDS-509G offers a choice of connectors, fibre types, temperature support and operating distances.
Perle Industrial-grade Ethernet Switches are designed to stand up to extreme temperatures, surges, vibrations, and shocks found in industrial automation, government, military, oil and gas, mining and outdoor applications.
The simple Plug and Play installation available in Perle’s Fast Setup feature gets your Ethernet devices networked immediately. CCNA ( Cisco Certified Network Associate ) and CCNP ( Cisco Certified Network Professional ) trained engineers will appreciate the familiar Command Line Interface ( CLI ) via in-band Telnet or the out-band serial console port.
The PRO feature set in the IDS-305F is ideal for enterprise-grade level environments where additional extensive security and network integration functionality is required.
AAA ( Authentication, Authorisation, Accounting )security protocols: RADIUS and TACACS+
Secure management sessions via SSH, SNMPv3, Telnet and HTTPS
Management Access Lists (ACL) by IP address and IP Port number
Password Strength Checking
IEEE 802.1x Authentication and Port Security for protection of user access ports
Optimise the performance and intelligence of the network with Advanced Protocols: LLDP, GVRP, Voice VLANs, MSTP, GMRP, IPv4 IGMP Snooping and IPv6 MLD Snooping
The IDS-509G supports a comprehensive set of management functions, such as P-Ring, management VLAN, QoS, RMON, N:1 port mirroring and local alert log. In addition, the switch can be managed with an IPv6 address.
Hardened to provide superior reliability in -10 to 60°C, these are rugged fan-less switches. In addition, every component on every industrial (XT) model has been designed and tested to handle operating temperatures between -40 and 75C.
All Perle Industrial Ethernet Switches only use high-end components from the leading chip manufacturers to ensure the highest level of durability and reliability. In addition, all units have a corrosion resistance aluminium case and dual redundant power input with reverse polarity and overload protection.
Perle has been designing industrial hardware for over 35 years and have used this expertise to design the toughest Ethernet switches on the market that will keep your system running for years to come.
* Zero-touch discovery using Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP), Perle’s “Fast Setup” for first time installation, provides simple deployment in Ethernet environments
* 802.1X, port security, Secure Shell (SSHv2); SNMPv3 provides encrypted administrator traffic during CLI and SNMP sessions; TACACS+ and RADIUS authentication facilitate centralised control and restrict unauthorised users.
* STP, RSTP and MSTP protocols for fast recovery.
* Perle’s P-Ring protocol for fast convergence in ring topologies
* Link Standby is a link recovery feature for two links that provides a simple alternative to spanning tree protocols for link redundancy
* Buffered Real Time Clock backup
* Web Device Manager, Telnet/SSH, HTTPS access, SNMP and Perle’s PerleView NMS for centralised management
* In-band management via RJ45 or USB serial port
* Use an IPv4 or IPv6 address
* Removable MicroSD flash for configuration files and firmware backup and restoration
Rugged Design for Harsh Environments
* Corrosion resistant case
* Programmable Controller Safety certified
* Certified for hazardous locations
* Extended industrial temperature models
* Fan-less, no moving parts
* Dual power input. Connect to separate power sources for redundancy.
* Reverse polarity protection
* Overload current protection
* Handles vibration and shock conditions found in industrial environments
Real-Time Ethernet Performance
* Fast wire-speed, store and forward switching
* Auto-sensing for speed and duplex
Auto-mdi/mdix-crossover works with straight and crossover cables
There is no information available at the moment
75 x 130 x 121mm
9 - 60v DC
Operating temperature (°C)
-10°C to +60°C
Approvals & Certifications
ANSI/ISA 12.12.01, CE, Class 1 Div 2, EN 55022, EN 55024, EN 60950-1, EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-4, EN 61000-4-5, EN 61000-4-6, EN 61000-4-8, REACH, RoHS, UL 61010-1, UL 61010-2-201, WEEE
*Performance features, manageability features, availability and redundancy features, VLAN features, Class of Service (CoS), Quality of Service (QoS) and monitoring features.