You have no items in your shopping cart.Add some to cart or login
Perle IDS-409F Managed Industrial Ethernet Switch with Fibre 9 port Compact DIN Rail
Frequently Bought With
In addition to extending links over greater distances, utilising fibre is critical in environments where high levels of electromagnetic interference ( EMI ) is a common phenomenon, like industrial plants. This interference can cause data corruption over copper-based Ethernet links. However, data transmitted over fibre optic cable is completely immune to this type of noise ensuring optimal data transmission across the plant floor.
Perle Industrial-grade Ethernet Switches are designed to stand up to extreme temperatures, surges, vibrations, and shocks found in industrial automation, government, military, oil and gas, mining and outdoor applications.
With over 78 models, the Perle IDS-409F offers a choice of connectors, fibre types, temperature support and operating distances.
Simple Plug and Play installation to get your Ethernet devices networked immediately is available with Perle’s Fast Setup feature. CCNA ( Cisco Certified Network Associate ) and CCNP ( Cisco Certified Network Professional ) trained engineers will appreciate the familiar Command Line Interface ( CLI ) via in-band Telnet or the out-band serial console port.
The IDS-409F supports a comprehensive set of management functions, such as P-Ring, management VLAN, QoS, RMON, N:1 port mirroring and local alert log. In addition, the switch can be managed with an IPv6 address.
All IDS-409F models, are rugged fan-less switches that are hardened to provide superior reliability in -10 to 60°C. In addition, every component on every industrial (XT) model has been designed and tested to handle operating temperatures between -40 and 75C.
All Perle Industrial Ethernet Switches only use high-end components from the leading chip manufacturers to ensure the highest level of durability and reliability. In addition, all units have a corrosion resistance aluminium case and dual redundant power input with reverse polarity and overload protection.
For over 35 years Perle has been designing industrial hardware. This expertise was used to design the toughest Ethernet switches on the market.
Zero-touch discovery using Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP), Perle’s “Fast Setup” for first time installation, provides simple deployment in Ethernet environments
* STP and RSTP protocols for fast recovery.
* Perle’sP-Ring protocol for fast convergence in ring topologies
* Link Standby is a link recovery feature for two links that provides a simple alternative to spanning tree protocols for link redundancy
* Web Device Manager, Telnet, SNMP and Perle’s PerleView NMS for centralised management
* In-band management via RJ45 or USB serial ports
* Use an IPv4 or IPv6 address
* Removable MicroSD flash for configuration files and firmware backup and restoration
Rugged Design for Harsh Environments
* Corrosion resistant case
* Programmable Controller Safety certified
* Certified for hazardous locations
* Extended industrial temperature models
* Fan-less, no moving parts
* Dual power input. Connect to separate power sources for redundancy.
* Reverse polarity protection
* Overload current protection
* Handles vibration and shock conditions found in industrial environments
Real-Time Ethernet Performance
* Fast wire-speed, store and forward switching
* Auto-sensing for speed and duplex
* Auto-mdi/mdix-crossover works with straight and crossover cables
There is no information available at the moment
75 x 130 x 121mm
9 - 60v DC
Operating temperature (°C)
-10°C to +60°C
Approvals & Certifications
ANSI/ISA 12.12.01, CE, Class 1 Div 2, EN 55022, EN 55024, EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-4, EN 61000-4-5, EN 61000-4-6, EN 61000-4-8, EN 61000-6-2, REACH, RoHS, UL 60950-1, UL 61010-1, UL 61010-2-201, WEEE
*Performance features, manageability features, availability and redundancy features, VLAN features, Class of Service (CoS), Quality of Service (QoS) and monitoring features.