The Perle IDS-409 features include:
* 9 port 10/100/1000Base-T ( RJ45 ) for Gigabit and Fast Ethernet devices
* IP Manageability, VLAN and resiliency management
* Compact, corrosion resistant case attaches to a standard DIN Rail
* Redundant dual power input 12/24/48 VDC, 24 VAC
* Out-of-band management via RJ45 or USB serial ports
* Programmable Controller safety and Hazardous Location Certification
* -40°C to 75°C industrial operating temperature ( XT Models )
Perle IDS-409 Industrial-grade Ethernet Switches are designed to stand up to extreme temperatures, surges, vibrations, and shocks found in industrial automation, government, military, oil and gas, mining and outdoor applications.
The simple Plug and Play installation available in Perle’s Fast Setup feature gets your Ethernet devices networked immediately. The familiar Command Line Interface ( CLI ), via in-band Telnet or the out-band serial console port, will be appreciated by CCNA ( Cisco Certified Network Associate ) and CCNP ( Cisco Certified Network Professional ) trained engineers.
The IDS-409 can be managed with an IPv6 address and supports a comprehensive set of management functions, such as P-Ring, management VLAN, QoS, RMON, N:1 port mirroring and local alert log.
These rugged fan-less switches that are hardened to provide superior reliability in -10 to 60°C. In addition, every component on every industrial (XT) model has been designed and tested to handle operating temperatures between -40 and 75C.
All Perle Industrial Ethernet Switches have a corrosion resistance aluminium case and dual redundant power input with reverse polarity and overload protection. In addition, all units only use high-end components from the leading chip manufacturers to ensure the highest level of durability and reliability.
Perle has been designing industrial hardware for over 35 years and have used this expertise to design the toughest Ethernet switches on the market.
Zero-touch discovery using Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP), Perle’s “Fast Setup” for first time installation, provides simple deployment in Ethernet environments
* STP and RSTP protocols for fast recovery.
* Perle’s P-Ring protocol for fast convergence in ring topologies
* Web Device Manager, Telnet, SNMP and Perle’s PerleView NMS for centralised management
* In-band management via RJ45 or USB serial ports
* Use an IPv4 or IPv6 address
* Removable MicroSD flash for configuration files and firmware backup and restoration
Rugged Design for Harsh Environments
* Corrosion resistant case
* Programmable Controller Safety certified
* Certified for hazardous locations
* Extended industrial temperature models
* Fan-less, no moving parts
* Dual power input. Connect to separate power sources for redundancy.
* Reverse polarity protection
* Overload current protection
* Handles vibration and shock conditions found in industrial environments
Real-time Ethernet Performance
* Fast wire-speed, store and forward switching
* Auto-sensing for speed and duplex
Auto-mdi/mdix-crossover works with straight and crossover cables