To help introduce partners to our latest portfolio addition, we are running a series of “RealWear in Action” articles. This feature we look at remote expert. Providing hands-free collaboration and telepresence for first-line workers, the RealWear platform can enable two-way video calls in which remote experts can see and hear from the worker’s point of view in order to support them through the task in hand.
What is Remote Expert on the RealWear Navigator or HMT?
Remote expert delivers a hands-free two-way video call experience, allowing first-line and remote workers to benefit from senior or specialist advice. With a built-in high-definition camera, powerful audio and noise cancellation capabilities, the RealWear platform enables the remote expert to see what the in-situ worker is seeing so that they may assist them in troubleshooting issues and guide them through to resolution:
- Increase first time fix rate: reduce truck rolls by equipping first-line and remote workers with the assistance they need to solve issues outside their own expertise, helping to reduce downtime as well as travel requirements.
- Accelerate training: by allowing one “expert” to support multiple others, organisations can accelerate and scale their training programmes to get more new recruits working independently, faster.
And all of this can be achieved on the RealWear device without needing to down tools or remove PPE.
Using the RealWear Navigator or HMT for Remote Expert
Fully ruggedised, the RealWear Navigator 500 and HMT-1 can be used in wet, dusty, hot, dangerous and loud environments with ease. The devices’ high res micro-display sits just below the line of sight and views like a 7″ tablet allowing workers to consult it when needed at a simple downwards glance, without interfering in their field of vision when they don’t need it. The RealWear HMT-1Z1 delivers the same but is intrinsically safe for use in hazardous environments.
Both are fully PPE compatible with various mounting options to suit; from hard hat clips to silicone bands for clean rooms, there’s an option for every environment.
Industrial Use Cases for Remote Expert
- Remote expert with RealWear has a broad range of use cases in many industries but the most common include:
- Auto servicing and repair
- Test and inspection
- Maintenance and repair
- Manufacturing and assembly
Over 200 Software Partners
- The RealWear platform boasts over 200 software partners. From Microsoft Teams to Librestream, and Cisco Webex Expert on Demand to many others, there is a wide range of software choices to suit a customer’s industry and existing systems, allowing them to easily connect front-line and remote workers to the rest of the business.Apps can be easily installed and managed by IT teams through Foresight, RealWear’s cloud management platform, while users can simply launch with a voice command from their Navigator or HMT.
RealWear Remote Expert Playlist
Check out our top pick video for showing remote expert in action, or browse the RealWear Remote Expert Playlist by following this link to see more.
Find out more
With our extensive distributed enterprise and connected worker experience, and comprehensive partner support, Westbase.io can help you to tap into this fast growing opportunity.
Contact your account manager to find out more about becoming a RealWear partner today: firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 1291 437 567 or +31 35 799 2290.