Be a part of something.
Westbase.io is a leading 4G LTE and IoT networking distributor; we help hundreds of organisations every year to be better connected through the adoption of the latest disruptive technologies. We achieve this by fostering an inclusive and stimulating work environment where our team is encouraged to take initiative and work together. Westbase.io believes in being better connected, by being better together.
As a small business achieving big things, we rely on our employees being self-starters and being committed to our success. We expect them to bring the highest levels of integrity and honesty to their roles, demonstrating accountability in everything they do – it’s about always doing what is best for our customers and for the company.
In return for our team’s investment in us, we invest in them. For some this means education and training opportunities, for others it means reward structures; we make sure that everyone feels valued in their own way.
Between £18,000 – £24,000
As our Technical Support Specialist, you will report to our Technical Lead and be responsible for delivering first line support both to internal and external customers. The role is highly varied; you will be involved in assisting hardware staging requirements, managing connectivity activities, plus monitoring and maintaining key systems – and when you’re not supporting our managed services portfolio, you will play a role in supporting Westbase Group employees’ internal IT.
We are a small, agile technical team with a hands-on approach to customer support, so we’re looking for someone who will enjoy this diverse work environment. Though small, our technical team plays a critical role in the business, ensuring the highest levels of service and operational support are achieved, so it’s important that you’re also dedicated to your work being of a high standard.
This role is ideal for someone with short and long term experience who is looking for a career path – Westbase.io proactively develops its employees in all areas. On a day to day basis you will be:
- Installing and configuring systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems – either over the phone or face to face.
- Liaising with customers and partners to identify, confirm and resolve any technical issues encountered
- Coordinating our suppliers to resolve any customer issues
- Maintaining a precise chronological log of customer actions, issues and resolutions using the provided tools
- Learning and evaluating new products, services and technologies of interest to the management team
- Creating knowledge-based articles for enhanced customer support purposes
- Serving as a technical liaison between customers, colleagues, and partners (e.g. systems integrators and manufacturers) to ensure successful solution trials and deployments
- Administering mobile platforms
- Participating in our on-call critical escalations support roster
- Developing and maintaining internal relationships to help maintain business flow and meet agreed upon targets
- Contributing to the smooth running of the technical administrative function within the business
- Promoting the profile of Westbase.io within the profession and wider communities
- Ensuring that any business conducted is done in a responsible and compliant manner
What you need to have.
To do this job well you need to:
- Have an understanding of IP networking
- Have experience in actively monitoring and managing open support cases and providing enterprise technical support, help desk or systems / network administration as required
- Be able to provide timely reporting and conversion rate information to management
- Be able to troubleshoot, prioritise issues and work under pressure
- Have excellent communication skills and etiquette, with customer-facing experience – and specifically the ability to communicate solutions to customers in an approachable manner
- Be able to meet KPI/SLA goals as assigned
- Be competent with Windows Server basic administration
- Be competent in wireless technologies
The following experience and qualifications are also desirable, but not required:
- IP networking qualifications
- Experience of working with cellular technologies such as GPRS, 3G and LTE
- Experience of working with partners such as mobile network operators, manufacturers and systems integrators
- Exposure to embedded systems and development
- Linux/Unix embedded OS
- IP/MPLS OSPF, BGP, RADIUS
We are looking to hire energetic, committed people who understand that we perform best when we work together across our company. If this sounds like you, then get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help organisations to be better connected by being better together – join Westbase.io