Be a part of something.
Westbase.io is a leading 4G/5G and technology value-added distributor; we help hundreds of organisations every year to be better connected through the adoption of the latest disruptive technologies. We achieve this by fostering an inclusive and stimulating work environment where our team is encouraged to take initiative and work together. Westbase.io believes in being better connected, by being better together.
As a small business achieving big things, we rely on our employees being self-starters and being committed to our success. We expect them to bring the highest levels of integrity and honesty to their roles, demonstrating accountability in everything they do – it’s about always doing what is best for our customers and for the company.
In return for our team’s investment in us, we invest in them. For some this means education and training opportunities, for others it means reward structures; we make sure that everyone feels valued in their own way.
As a technical support engineer at Westbase.io, based in our Caldicot office, you will be responsible for supporting the services that we deliver to our valued customer-base, as well as supporting our internal infrastructure and sales team – acting as a skilled point of contact for pre- and post-sales technical product queries. We will develop and support you on the job from week one, as we believe that getting stuck in is the most effective way to learn. We will provide extensive solution and industry training, and our existing team will always be available to help you settle in. Your day-to-day role will include the following activities:
Your day-to-day role will include the following activities:
- Providing critical, on-demand technical support to key customers, spanning the breadth of our product and solution portfolio
- Work alongside peers to identify, diagnose and resolve internal infrastructure and service issues, ensuring that our wider teams always have the computing tools needed to excel in their roles
- Ensuring that regular maintenance and provisioning tasks are completed successfully
- Assist with hardware pre-staging, as part of a solution deployment project
- Completing project work to design and deliver enhancements to our infrastructure; we actively encourage all members of the technical team to present ideas for improvements as this is a place where you can really make a difference
- Recommending and evaluating new products, services, and technologies
- Liaising with Westbase Group vendor partners
We will also ask that you do the following:
- Participate in our on-call rota for supporting our key customers
What you need to have.
To do this job well you need to have:
- A solid understanding of network routing and switching protocols, including IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IPv4, IPv6, VLANs and Wi-Fi
- Strong experience using, deploying, and administering Linux distros
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows, specifically Server 2016 and Windows 10.
- Experience of Office 365 administration; any further experience of Azure or AWS would be considered a bonus
- A demonstrable knowledge of using Active Directory, Group Policy and ideally, but not essentially, Appsense to control, configure and enhance the end user experience
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
The following experience and qualifications are also desirable, but not essential:
- Cisco CCNA
- Cellular technologies
- Android deployment and management, with an understanding of containers
- MCSE / MCSA
- Embedded Linux
We are looking to hire energetic, committed people interested in the tech that we have to offer – and who understand that we perform best when we work together across our company. If this sounds like you, then get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help organisations to be better connected by being better together – join Westbase.io