Be a part of something.
The Westbase Group brings together leaders in the wireless distributed networking and IoT arena, specialising in last mile connectivity and E2E applications. With experience spanning several decades, the Westbase Group is dedicated to leveraging disruptive tech for our customers to get the very most out of their distributed networks and IoT deployments.
Today we’re able to meet full IoT development requirements, for end-to-end IoT solutions. We provide products and services that help organisations move to elastic service models and away from static box-led architectures. Westbase Group incorporates leading vendor hardware options, software defined networking capabilities, cloud and fog computing for improved efficiency, and distributed connectivity services. Customers can leverage our offerings in a modular approach, simply utilising our purchasing options, logistics and packaging services, right up to our full stack development capabilities. Our in-house hardware design, embedded software engineering and application development team provide us with the practical experience to advise our customers who deliver high value IoT solutions.
Companies in the Westbase Group include Westbase.io, the leading 4G LTE and IoT networking distributor, MS Distribution UK, experts in fixed wireless networking, and Control, specialists in embedded IoT development and connectivity services.
A common ethos across the Westbase Group is that we strive to provide an inclusive and stimulating work environment where our teams are encouraged to take initiative and work together. Employing and investing in over 50 people, the Westbase Group believes in being better connected, by being better together.
As a small group of businesses achieving big things, we rely on our employees being self-starters and committed to our success. As our ambassadors, we expect them to bring the highest levels of integrity and honesty to everything they do. We rely on our team to give our customers the best advice and service possible, and ultimately to be passionate and accountable for their work.
In return for our team’s investment in us, we invest in them. For some this means education and training opportunities, for others it means reward structures; we make sure that everyone feels valued in their own way.
As a technical support engineer you will be responsible for supporting and developing the Westbase.io internal infrastructure, as well as supporting our sales team – acting as a skilled point of contact for pre- and post-sales technical product queries. Westbase Group will develop and support you on the job from week one, as we believe that getting stuck in is the most effective way to learn. We will provide extensive solution and industry training, and our existing team will always be available to help you settle in. Your day to day role will include the following activities:
- Delivering amazing support to other members of the wider team to ensure they always have the computing tools needed to excel in their roles
- Ensuring that regular maintenance and provisioning tasks are completed successfully
- Completing project work to design and deliver enhancements to our infrastructure; we are always happy for all members of the technical team to present ideas for improvements, this is a place where you can really make a difference
- Providing pre- and post-sales support to Westbase.io customers (covering both products and services)
- Recommending and evaluating new products, services and technologies
- Liaising with Westbase Group vendor partners
- Participate in our on-call rota for supporting our highly valued customers
What you need to have.
To do this job well you need to have:
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows, specifically Server 2016 and Windows 10
- Experience of Office 365 administration; any further experience of Azure or AWS would be considered a bonus
- A demonstrable knowledge of using Active Directory, Group Policy and ideally, but not essentially, Appsense to control, configure and enhance the end-user experience
- A brilliant understanding of networking including IPv4, VLANs and WiFi
- Experience delivering systems integration and an excellent understanding of software technologies
- An excellent understanding of finance, logistics and other business processes
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management skills
The following experience and qualifications are also desirable, but not essential:
- Experience of cellular technologies
- Embedded Linux
We are looking to hire energetic, committed people interested in the tech that we have to offer – and who understand that we perform best when we work together across our company. If this sounds like you, then get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about the Westbase Group.
Westbase.io is a value-added distributor, specialising in LTE networking. Representing the 3 global leaders in the cellular routers market, the business is recognised by each of these respectively as their leading partner in the EMEA region. Established in 1988, Westbase.io has experience and expertise in global distributed networking deployments.
MS Distribution is a volume value-added distributor. Operating from a modern, large-scale stocking facility, the company is the UK’s largest distributor of Ubiquiti, as well as a market leader in Mikrotik, Mimosa and Lite fixed wireless access solutions. Additional services include technical consultancy, training and bespoke customer logistics options.
Control specialise in end to end solutions purpose designed and built for the highest levels of professional endurance Motorsport and Sail racing. Control builds hardware, software and cloud solutions that meet the telemetry requirements of the worlds’ leading manufacturer race teams. The race car environment is one of the very toughest for electronics, and Control has built products that provide reliable, secure communications from the Desert to the Nordschliefe.
Help organisations to be better connected by being better together – join Westbase.io