Be a part of something.
Westbase.io is a leading 4G LTE and IoT networking distributor; we help hundreds of organisations every year to be better connected through the adoption of the latest disruptive technologies. We achieve this by fostering an inclusive and stimulating work environment where our team is encouraged to take initiative and work together. Westbase.io believes in being better connected, by being better together.
As a small business achieving big things, we rely on our employees being self-starters and being committed to our success. We expect them to bring the highest levels of integrity and honesty to their roles, demonstrating accountability in everything they do – it’s about always doing what is best for our customers and for the company.
In return for our team’s investment in us, we invest in them. Whether this means education and training opportunities, or reward structures, we make sure that everyone feels valued in their own way.
As a technical support engineer you will be responsible for supporting and developing the Westbase.io internal infrastructure, and also supporting our sales team – acting as a skilled point of contact for pre- and post-sales technical product queries. Westbase.io will develop and support you on the job from week one, as we believe that getting stuck in is the most effective way to learn. We will provide extensive solution and industry training, and our existing team will always be available to help you settle in. Your day to day role will include the following activities:
- Delivering amazing support to other members of the wider Westbase.io team to ensure they always have the computing tools needed to excel in their roles
- Ensuring that regular maintenance and provisioning tasks are completed successfully
- Completing project work to design and deliver enhancements to our infrastructure; we are always happy for all members of the technical team to present ideas for improvements, this is a place where you can really make a difference
- Providing pre- and post-sales support to Westbase.io customers (covering both products and services)
- Recommending and evaluating new products, services and technologies
- Liaising with Westbase.io vendor partners
We will also ask that you do the following:
- Participate in our on-call rota for supporting our highly valued customers
What you need to have.
To do this job well you need to have:
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows, specifically Server 2016 and Windows 10.
- Experience of Office 365 administration; any further experience of Azure or AWS would be considered a bonus
- A demonstrable knowledge of using Active Directory, Group Policy and ideally, but not essentially, Appsense to control, configure and enhance the end user experience
- A brilliant understanding of networking including IPv4, VLANs and WiFi
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
The following experience and qualifications are also desirable, but not essential:
- Experience of cellular technologies
- MCSE / MCSA
- Embedded Linux
We are looking to hire energetic, committed people interested in the tech that we have to offer – and who understand that we perform best when we work together across our company. If this sounds like you, then get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
Help organisations to be better connected by being better together – join Westbase.io