Be a part of something.
Westbase.io is a leading 4G LTE and IoT networking distributor; we help hundreds of organisations every year to be better connected through the adoption of the latest disruptive technologies. We achieve this by fostering an inclusive and stimulating work environment where our team is encouraged to take initiative and work together. Westbase.io believes in being better connected, by being better together.
As a small business achieving big things, we rely on our employees being self-starters and being committed to our success. We expect them to bring the highest levels of integrity and honesty to their roles, demonstrating accountability in everything they do – it’s about always doing what is best for our customers and for the company.
In return for our team’s investment in us, we invest in them. For some this means education and training opportunities, for others it means reward structures; we make sure that everyone feels valued in their own way.
As our Service Delivery Specialist (SDS) you will play a vital role in creating long-term, healthy service provider-customer relationships. You will act as the bridge between the client and our operational delivery teams, both internally and externally.
Your key responsibility will be governance across all areas of services including service management, incident and change management, continual service improvement and customer satisfaction – as well as playing a key role in ensuring the highest level of operational service delivery.
You will also be responsible for planning and coordinating the delivery of a diverse range of technical projects and planned work, ensuring quality, budget and time targets are met. Working with both internal and external technical resources, you will provide the necessary guidance and management oversight to keep projects on track.
On a day to day basis you will be:
- Building personal relationships with key client and partner staff, and acting as the first point of contact for all service delivery-related matters
- Working closely with our account managers to provide and maintain first class service delivery to all Westbase.io customers
- Creating and documenting processes for service delivery across Westbase Group companies
- Helping to define and drive the use of our ITSM tooling (being a champion for our embedded processes and practices), and also maintaining customer records using our CRM and ITSM systems
- Monitoring overall performance of services, including KPIs and SLAs, and escalating performance and/or technical issues to the management team if service expectations are not being met in the client’s view or those of the operational teams’
- Delivering excellent communications around issues/opportunities, and generally, across organizational boundaries – adjusting appropriately as you deal with different people from engineers to senior management
- Building comprehensive monthly and quarterly service reports, reviewing the overall performance and suitability of the services being delivered to the customer
- Attending client and partner service meetings both in and out of region when required – driving the agenda, as well as capturing and executing on action points that arise
- Removing all obstacles to customer satisfaction and/or financial performance
- Accountable for, and contribute to, the overall performance of the managed services division alongside operational managers and technical leads
- Pulling in and coordinating resources when needed, including coordination of our field services team and specialist teams or people for specific issues/opportunities
- Delivering change management by planning and coordinating changes and planned work, while ensuring operations teams are aware of changes and are fully prepared
- Driving service improvement by working with both customers and suppliers/partners to enhance service delivery, and working with the client and operations teams to identify and manage service improvement activities
- Collaborating with senior management on client account management and growth, plus working with vendors/partners on the delivery of services and the expansion of business opportunities – demonstrating a clear awareness of the commercial impact of discussions and activities upon Westbase.io
What you need to have.
To do this job well you need to have:
- ITIL Foundation (minimum)
- Proven track record in delivering high quality service and high customer satisfaction, plus building successful customer relationships
- The ability to investigate and identify the root cause in order to resolve problems
- Knowledge of systems management platforms and ITSM solutions
- Experience in driving service improvement and transformation, including the ability to facilitate cycles of service improvement activities
- Excellent Office365 skills, particularly advanced Excel use
- Excellent documentation skills with demonstrable attention to detail
- The ability to deliver training to managed services staff and customers
- Experience of working in high pressure environments, and be able to provide measured inputs to any service incident, ensuring that the team finds a solution in the shortest possible time
- A proactive attitude with the ability to adapt, and a willingness to take on tasks normally outside your remit
- Excellent communication skills, and must be a team player with strong diplomacy skills
- Aspirations to always put the customer, our team and business at the centre of everything you do
- The ability to deliver services on a 24/7/365 basis
- A full driving license
- The ability to travel and stay away overnight when the role demands, including across Europe
The following experience and qualifications are also desirable, but not essential:
- Degree-level education
- Knowledge of telecoms infrastructure and core components of cellular networking
- Knowledge of ServiceNow or JIRA
- ISO 9001 accreditation criteria
- Delivering presentations
We are looking to hire energetic, committed people interested in the tech that we have to offer – and who understand that we perform best when we work together across our company. If this sounds like you, then get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help organisations to be better connected by being better together – join Westbase.io