Be a part of something.
Westbase.io is a leading 4G LTE and IoT networking distributor; we help hundreds of organisations every year to be better connected through the adoption of the latest disruptive technologies. We achieve this by fostering an inclusive and stimulating work environment where our team is encouraged to take initiative and work together. Westbase.io believes in being better connected, by being better together.
As a small business achieving big things, we rely on our employees being self-starters and being committed to our success. We expect them to bring the highest levels of integrity and honesty to their roles, demonstrating accountability in everything they do – it’s about always doing what is best for our customers and for the company.
In return for our team’s investment in us, we invest in them. Whether this means education and training opportunities, or reward structures, we make sure that everyone feels valued in their own way.
As our European Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing sales for designated products and services. Your primary goals will be to recruit new channel customers in the Nordic / Scandinavian region, nurture and develop existing customers, and to ultimately increase sales in this region. This is a brand-new role created to address significant growth in the business and market. On a day to day basis your key activities will be:
- Identifying, researching and targeting new business opportunities in line with the Westbase.io sales strategy and vertical market solution set
- Growing the current reseller channel for selected Westbase.io vendors
- Penetrating existing business accounts to increase customer value
- Providing relevant product and application information to all opportunities as required
- Monitoring and managing your pipeline visibility / size, lead generation, and conversion rates
- Executing clear, consistent and timely communications to your customers
- Driving sales and demonstrating accountability for achieving your monthly / quarterly / annual sales targets
- Working as part of the wider sales team to meet account coverage and overall company sales targets
- Contributing to the development of the Westbase.io sales strategy and profitability
- Working with the Westbase.io marketing team to drive lead generation campaigns
- Travelling to customer and prospect locations as required (please note that the role will require occasional travel and overnight stays)
- Working with Westbase.io partners, customers and colleagues and liaising between them
- Supporting the wider Westbase.io team by undertaking, on occasion, other duties as required and as within your skillset
What you need to have.
To do this job well you need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years in a relevant sales position, preferably in a tech distributor
- Experience in identifying, developing and closing sales opportunities both within new and existing accounts, for the specific countries in your assigned region
- Greater interest in pursuing new business, while still nurturing existing business, to proactively manage your sales pipeline
- Self-motivation that drives performance under pressure
- A technical aptitude that will enable product understanding
- Excellent organisational skills including priority-setting and the ability to adjust as demands change
- Experience and skills necessary for building, maintaining and expanding sales relationships
- Excellent communication skills and etiquette, and able to drive weekly call volume goals
- Good computer skills
The following experience and qualifications are also desirable:
- Educated to degree level
- A moderate understanding of IP networking
- Management experience
We are looking to hire energetic, committed people interested in the tech that we have to offer – and who understand that we perform best when we work together across our company. If this sounds like you, then get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
Help organisations to be better connected by being better together – join Westbase.io