Be a part of something.
The Westbase Group brings together leaders in the wireless distributed networking and IoT arena, specialising in last mile connectivity and E2E applications. With experience spanning several decades, the Westbase Group is dedicated to leveraging disruptive tech for our customers to get the very most out of their distributed networks and IoT deployments.
Today we’re able to meet full IoT development requirements, for end-to-end IoT solutions. We provide products and services that help organisations move to elastic service models and away from static box-led architectures. Westbase.io incorporate; leading vendor hardware options, software defined networking capabilities; cloud and fog computing for improved efficiency; and distributed connectivity services. Our customers can leverage our offerings in a modular approach, simply utilising our purchasing options, logistics and packaging services through to full stack development capabilities. Our in-house hardware design, embedded software engineering and application development team provide us with the practical experience to advise our customers who deliver high value IoT solutions.
A common ethos across the Westbase Group, we strive to provide an inclusive and stimulating work environment where our team is encouraged to take initiative and work together. Employing and investing in over 50 people, Westbase Group believes in being better connected, by being better together.
As a small group of businesses achieving big things, we rely on our employees being self-starters and committed to our success. As our ambassadors, we expect them to bring the highest levels of integrity and honesty to everything they do. We rely on our team to give our customers the best advice and service possible; to be passionate and accountable.
In return for our team’s investment in us, we invest in them. For some this means education and training opportunities, for others it means reward structures; we make sure that everyone feels valued in their own way.
As our Business Systems Developer your focus will be supporting the development and maintenance of our business tools and eco-system across our group of companies. Working with our Business Systems Owner, you will help map, design and optimise our systems to meet the group’s evolving business needs and provide the tools to meet our strategic goals. A natural problem solver, who focuses on simple solutions that have big impacts, you will be exceptional at understanding process and mapping solutions to support them. An autonomous individual who communicates clearly, you will be accountable for:
- Contributing to the development and implementing of our business systems strategy
- Reviewing and optimising our existing business processes
- Creating documentation to support the operational business and the development of new features
- Driving maximum value from our business systems investment
- Providing actionable reporting and Business Intelligence
- Peering with our Business Systems Owner to ensure the security of our business systems
- Securely providing customer and 3rd party access to relevant systems information
- Focusing on business automation, making our teams as efficient as possible
- Providing tactical reporting to support agile business cases
What you need to have.
To do this job well you need to have:
- A passion for delivering solutions to business owners in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Experience delivering systems integration and an excellent understanding of software technologies
- An excellent understanding of finance, logistics and other business processes
- Excellent Office365 skills, particularly advanced Excel, and Power BI (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of working in high pressure, collaborative environments
- Ability to learn on the job as new challenges arise
- A proactive attitude with the ability to adapt, and a willingness to take on tasks normally outside your remit – a “roll up your sleeves” approach is desired
The following experience and qualifications are also desirable, but not essential:
- Degree-level or equivalent education in Computer Science, IT, or Finance
- An understanding of relational databases and schemas
- Hands on NetSuite experience including customising workflows and scripting
We are looking to hire energetic, committed people interested in the tech that we have to offer – and who understand that we perform best when we work together across our company. If this sounds like you, then get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about us.
Companies in the Westbase Group include Westbase.io, the leading 4G LTE and IoT networking distributor, MS Distribution UK, experts in fixed wireless networking, and Control who specialise in embedded IoT development and connectivity services.
Westbase.io are a value-added distributor, specialising in LTE networking, we represent the 3 Global leaders in the Cellular Routers Market (Insight Partners Nov.18), in EMEA we are recognised as being the most successful partner in this market sector by all three manufacturers. Established in ’88 Westbase.io have experience and expertise in global deployments of distributed networking.
MS Distribution are a volume value-added distributor; we operate from a modern large-scale stocking facility and are the UK’s largest distributor of Ubiquiti Networks products, a market leader in Mikrotik, Mimosa and Lite fixed wireless access solutions. Additional services include technical consultancy, training and bespoke customer logistics options.
Control specialise in end-to-end solutions purpose designed and built for the highest levels of professional endurance Motorsport and Sail racing. We build hardware, software and cloud solutions that meet the telemetry requirements of the worlds’ leading manufacturer race teams. The race car environment is one of the very toughest for electronics, Control have built products that provide reliable, secure communications from the Desert to the Nordschliefe.
Help organisations to be better connected by being better together – join Westbase.io