Be a part of something.
Westbase.io is a leading 4G/5G/IoT and technology value-added distributor. We help hundreds of organisations every year to be better connected through the adoption of the latest disruptive technologies. We achieve this by fostering an inclusive and stimulating work environment where our team is encouraged to take initiative and work together. Westbase.io believes in being better connected, by being better together.
As a small business achieving big things, we rely on our employees being self-starters and being committed to our success. We expect them to bring the highest levels of integrity and honesty to their roles, demonstrating accountability in everything they do – it’s about always doing what is best for our customers and for the company.
In return for our team’s investment in us, we invest in them. For some this means education and training opportunities, for others it means reward structures; we make sure that everyone feels valued in their own way.
As a Business Development Executive based in our Caldicot office, you will be responsible for managing and developing new business in a designated base of existing accounts. You will also be required to focus on the development and closure of new business in existing and new vertical markets. We represent leading manufacturers and suppliers in 5G and assisted reality, so this role is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone who has a natural enthusiasm for the tech industry.
For the right candidate there will be the opportunity for career development and advancement into a more senior position, and we will work with you to develop and support you in your role from week one. We will provide extensive solution and industry training, but we believe that getting stuck in is also the best way to learn.
- Driving new business and revenue through continual development and penetration of existing account base
- Following Industry trends and researching target markets and verticals to find new accounts, opportunities, and additional viable revenue streams
- Increase account base and close new business from cold calls and warm leads
- Key account strategic planning and initiative execution
- Developing in-depth knowledge and the ability to cross-sell Westbase Group Product and Services Portfolio
- Producing quotes and proposals for clients.
What you need to have.
To do this job well you need to have:
- A degree-level education, or another relevant qualification
- Good organisational and communication skills
- A Hunter Mentality and be a strategic thinker with strong prospecting skills
- Strong professional sales and presentation skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Ability to design and implement a business development strategy aligned with overall corporate goals
- Successful and quantifiable “new business” sales track record; experienced in working to and exceeding targets
- Ability to execute strategic initiatives and develop and close business autonomously and proactively (Self-motivate)
- Ability to manage external account projects, while managing internal processes and aligning key resources
- Strong written, communication and organisational skills
- IT fluency and CRM Management: proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
We are looking to hire energetic, committed people interested in the tech that we have to offer – and who understand that we perform best when we work together across our company. If this sounds like you, then get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help organisations to be better connected by being better together – join Westbase.io