Whether a car, van or lorry fleet, the demand for connectivity on the road is growing. With businesses embracing centralised systems and new tracking technologies, fleets are now highly reliant on a reliable connection to their enterprise network.
WiFi Vehicle HotspotMobile networking solutions can create a WiFi hotspot both in and around the vehicle, enabling drivers to connect to superfast and reliable Internet using their mobile, tablet or laptop devices. This enables them to access centralised systems on-the-road so that they can provide status updates and reporting back to the head office, as well as access centrally-held, up-to-date information that helps to plan their work.
Enabling mobile workers to streamline their efforts using this latest information, while in turn keeping head office information up-to-date, means that organisations can become much more efficient and effective in their fleet management.
Fleet TelematicsIntegrating with 3rd party telematics hardware and software, a mobile networking solution provides the connectivity required to transmit real-time information about the fleets’ performance and driver behaviour – helping businesses to be more cost-effective and efficient.
Key information around fuel management, dispatch optimisation, navigation and route-mapping are examples of this.
Mobile Asset TrackingThe most valuable assets within a fleet of vehicles is the cargo they hold. Be this expensive equipment for completing field work or goods for delivery, the fleet’s purpose is centred on these items. By integrating with third party asset tracking hardware and software, such as RFID, a 3G/4G connectivity solution can enable fleets to monitor their cargo while on-the-road for improved security and efficiency. Enabling both scheduled or ad-hoc remote uploads of the latest information concerning on-board assets means that central teams are better informed.
Cold Chain MonitoringMaintaining a stable temperature that doesn’t rise, regardless of external conditions, is essential to the success of cold chain logistics. Because of this, many firms install temperature sensors in their vehicles. By coupling these with a mobile networking solution companies are able to access and assess this information in real-time, from any location – improving their alerting and monitoring capabilities for the service they provide.
CCTV Monitoring and ManagementFleet vehicles carrying high security items now frequently feature in-vehicle and body worn CCTV equipment to better manage the risk associated with transporting such cargo. Other fleets also feature in-vehicle CCTV as a means of protection in potential insurance disputes where a personal injury or road traffic accident has occurred.
Using a 3G/4G networking solution, businesses can:
Electively retrieve footage over cellular
Instantly access and retrieve incident footage from in-vehicle and body worn CCTV equipment, perfect for critical situations where footage needs to be accessed quickly or the vehicle is prevented from returning to depot. This immediate remote access to footage can also be used to inform emergency services of incident details which can assist them in the recovery of assets or vehicles.
Daily retrieval of footage using WiFi
A mobile connectivity solution can also continue to support daily retrieval of footage over WiFi as WAN when the vehicle returns to depot – helping to reduce data costs.
- The Cradlepoint COR IBR900 routing platform fully supports Cradlepoint NetCloud Engine and the Extensibility P... Read More
- The MP70 supports advanced remote visibility and instant insight into the vehicle area network (VAN), field ap... Read More
- The Cradlepoint COR IBR1100 is a rugged, intelligent managed 4G Wi-Fi router with powerful connectivity featur... Read More
- With its compact size and sleek metal case the Cradlepoint COR IBR600 provides 4G mobile broadband primary con... Read More
- With LTE coverage on major global networks, the GX450 extends broadband connectivity to a wide range of device... Read More
- With intelligence that makes it quick to deploy and simple to manage, coupled with its ruggedised form factor ... Read More
- This product has now been discontinued. For a replacement product please see the new Sierra Wireless FX30.
... Read More
- INSTANT INSIGHTS & INTELLIGENT MANAGEMENT Proactive alerts and reporting enable you to better manage devices... Read More
- Simplify and scale M2M operations with the Sierra Wireless AirLink Management Service (previously known as Air... Read More