Healthcare organisations are under increasing pressure to reduce costs, while still delivering high quality patient services. Better information sharing is a key way to achieve this – improving both the efficiency with which patients are dealt, and the effectiveness of the service provided. In order to deliver real-time information, connectivity is essential; yet fixed line solutions are, in many cases, too limited and expensive to implement these applications. A flexible, cost-effective alternative which provides an answer is 3G/4G mobile networking.
Remote Healthcare3G/4G networking solutions can provide WiFi connectivity that is secure, reliable, and available in any location. Delivering connectivity to on-the-go healthcare units enables field teams to remotely access and update patient records – streamlining workflows and creating a more coherent, effective service.
For paramedics this means being fully aware of medical histories to deliver better care at the scene, as well as the ability to send essential patient stats ahead of the ambulance to Accident and Emergency departments for an improved response upon the patient’s arrival.
For remote healthcare workers this means reduced paperwork and more time in the field delivering care, as they’re able to update records from any location.
Digital SignageMany healthcare providers today employ digital signage to deliver real-time information and messaging to patients. This requires connectivity to enable remote management and content delivery to the technology, but is typically managed by a third party so using the organisation’s primary network isn’t an option due to security risks.
A mobile networking solution can create an independent network though, which runs in parallel to the healthcare provider’s – alleviating security and compliance concerns while still delivering to the digital signage requirements.
Connected Medical EquipmentFrom patient-worn and at home technology, to critical machines kept on-site at hospitals, connected medical equipment is the healthcare of the future. Enabling improved information sharing between man and machine, a flexible and easily scaled connectivity solution is essential to its success – for which 3G/4G connectivity is best placed.
Rapid Deployment ConnectivityWhether a mobile healthcare unit, clinical trial location, or crisis-response site, instant connectivity is essential to real-time information sharing. These temporary locations very rarely have connectivity readily available however, so healthcare providers need to “bring their own network”.
Using a cellular networking solution, teams can get connectivity set up within days so that locations can function at full capacity, accessing and sharing critical information as needed. This enables them to deliver optimised patient services while streamlining workflows and reducing costs.
Connected Patient ApplicationsHealthcare organisations are turning to digital engagement in order to improve patient relations, while streamlining their processes. For example self-service kiosks are providing patient’s with a more responsive and timely service, and alleviating workload from healthcare staff, by enabling actions like self-check-ins, collection of prescription notes, and information provision.
To be effective, these applications require connectivity for real-time content delivery. Fixed line is often too expensive due to the infrastructure changes required, but a 3G/4G connectivity solution can connect kiosks in any location with ease.
High Availability NetworkingCellular solutions can seamlessly integrate with the existing network to increase bandwidth and reliability by intelligently managing and converging wireless and wired networks at the edge – perfect for healthcare where high availability is essential.
- With its compact size and sleek metal case the Cradlepoint COR IBR600 provides 4G mobile broadband primary con... Read More
- With its compact size and sleek metal case the Cradlepoint COR IBR650 provides 4G mobile broadband primary con... Read More
- INSTANT INSIGHTS & INTELLIGENT MANAGEMENT Proactive alerts and reporting enable you to better manage devices... Read More
- With LTE coverage on major global networks, the GX450 extends broadband connectivity to a wide range of device... Read More
- The Cradlepoint COR IBR350 Series is an affordable, compact, high performance 3G gateway designed for mission ... Read More
- With state-of-the-art global LTE coverage from the proven leader in LTE technology, the ES450 provides broadba... Read More
- With intelligence that makes it quick to deploy and simple to manage, coupled with its ruggedised form factor ... Read More
- The Cradlepoint AER3100 is the industry’s most robust cellular WAN management application system, and is the... Read More
- The Cradlepoint AER1600 is designed for the distributed enterprise to intelligently manage converged wired and... Read More
- Simple to install and easy to manage, the Raven RV50 industrial gateway is designed to connect critical assets... Read More
- The Cradlepoint COR IBR1100 is a rugged, intelligent managed 4G Wi-Fi router with powerful connectivity featur... Read More
- The Cradlepoint AER 2100 is the ﬁrst in a new generation of cloud-managed 4G networking solutions that helps... Read More
- Simplify and scale M2M operations with the Sierra Wireless AirLink Management Service (previously known as Air... Read More