Healthcare organisations are under increasing pressure to reduce costs, while still delivering high quality patient services. Better information sharing is a key way to achieve this – improving both the efficiency with which patients are dealt, and the effectiveness of the service provided. In order to deliver real-time information, connectivity is essential; yet fixed line solutions are, in many cases, too limited and expensive to implement these applications. A flexible, cost-effective alternative which provides an answer is 3G/4G mobile networking.
3G/4G networking solutions can provide WiFi connectivity that is secure, reliable, and available in any location. Delivering connectivity to on-the-go healthcare units enables field teams to remotely access and update patient records – streamlining workflows and creating a more coherent, effective service.
For paramedics this means being fully aware of medical histories to deliver better care at the scene, as well as the ability to send essential patient stats ahead of the ambulance to Accident and Emergency departments for an improved response upon the patient’s arrival.
For remote healthcare workers this means reduced paperwork and more time in the field delivering care, as they’re able to update records from any location.
Many healthcare providers today employ digital signage to deliver real-time information and messaging to patients. This requires connectivity to enable remote management and content delivery to the technology, but is typically managed by a third party so using the organisation’s primary network isn’t an option due to security risks.
A mobile networking solution can create an independent network though, which runs in parallel to the healthcare provider’s – alleviating security and compliance concerns while still delivering to the digital signage requirements.
Connected Medical Equipment
From patient-worn and at home technology, to critical machines kept on-site at hospitals, connected medical equipment is the healthcare of the future. Enabling improved information sharing between man and machine, a flexible and easily scaled connectivity solution is essential to its success – for which 3G/4G connectivity is best placed.
Rapid Deployment Connectivity
Whether a mobile healthcare unit, clinical trial location, or crisis-response site, instant connectivity is essential to real-time information sharing. These temporary locations very rarely have connectivity readily available however, so healthcare providers need to “bring their own network”.
Using a cellular networking solution, teams can get connectivity set up within days so that locations can function at full capacity, accessing and sharing critical information as needed. This enables them to deliver optimised patient services while streamlining workflows and reducing costs.
Connected Patient Applications
Healthcare organisations are turning to digital engagement in order to improve patient relations, while streamlining their processes. For example self-service kiosks are providing patient’s with a more responsive and timely service, and alleviating workload from healthcare staff, by enabling actions like self-check-ins, collection of prescription notes, and information provision.
To be effective, these applications require connectivity for real-time content delivery. Fixed line is often too expensive due to the infrastructure changes required, but a 3G/4G connectivity solution can connect kiosks in any location with ease.
High Availability Networking
Cellular solutions can seamlessly integrate with the existing network to increase bandwidth and reliability by intelligently managing and converging wireless and wired networks at the edge – perfect for healthcare where high availability is essential.
- With LTE coverage on major global networks, the GX450 extends broadband connectivity to a wide range of device... Read More
- With state-of-the-art global LTE coverage from the proven leader in LTE technology, the ES450 provides broadba... Read More
- With intelligence that makes it quick to deploy and simple to manage, coupled with its ruggedised form factor ... Read More
- Simple to install and easy to manage, the Raven RV50 industrial gateway is designed to connect critical assets... Read More
- The NetCloud Solution Packages bring together Cradlepoint’s award-winning software plus hardware and support... Read More
- The Cradlepoint AP22 Access Points provide a full security suite for immediate and confident access. As well a... Read More
- Cradlepoint CBA850 NetCloud Solution Packages include NetCloud Software, the LTE adapter and 24x7 support with... Read More
- The Cradlepoint IBR900 NetCloud Solution Packages include NetCloud software, a router, and 24x7 support with L... Read More
- The Cradlepoint COR IBR1700 is the world's first LTE mobile router with three-carrier aggregation for best-in-... Read More
- The Cradlepoint COR IBR600C embedded modems enable wired or wireless WAN connectivity using 4G LTE, 3G EVDO, o... Read More
- Cradlepoint AER Series branch routers provide industry-leading 4G LTE connectivity, as well as Ethernet and Wi... Read More
- Simplify and scale M2M operations with the Sierra Wireless AirLink Management Service (previously known as Air... Read More