Healthcare organisations are under increasing pressure to reduce costs, while still delivering high quality patient services. Better information sharing is a key way to achieve this – improving both the efficiency with which patients are dealt, and the effectiveness of the service provided. In order to deliver real-time information, connectivity is essential; yet fixed line solutions are, in many cases, too limited and expensive to implement these applications. A flexible, cost-effective alternative which provides an answer is 3G/4G mobile networking.
3G/4G networking solutions can provide WiFi connectivity that is secure, reliable, and available in any location. Delivering connectivity to on-the-go healthcare units enables field teams to remotely access and update patient records – streamlining workflows and creating a more coherent, effective service.
For paramedics this means being fully aware of medical histories to deliver better care at the scene, as well as the ability to send essential patient stats ahead of the ambulance to Accident and Emergency departments for an improved response upon the patient’s arrival.
For remote healthcare workers this means reduced paperwork and more time in the field delivering care, as they’re able to update records from any location.
Many healthcare providers today employ digital signage to deliver real-time information and messaging to patients. This requires connectivity to enable remote management and content delivery to the technology, but is typically managed by a third party so using the organisation’s primary network isn’t an option due to security risks.
A mobile networking solution can create an independent network though, which runs in parallel to the healthcare provider’s – alleviating security and compliance concerns while still delivering to the digital signage requirements.
Connected Medical Equipment
From patient-worn and at home technology, to critical machines kept on-site at hospitals, connected medical equipment is the healthcare of the future. Enabling improved information sharing between man and machine, a flexible and easily scaled connectivity solution is essential to its success – for which 3G/4G connectivity is best placed.
Rapid Deployment Connectivity
Whether a mobile healthcare unit, clinical trial location, or crisis-response site, instant connectivity is essential to real-time information sharing. These temporary locations very rarely have connectivity readily available however, so healthcare providers need to “bring their own network”.
Using a cellular networking solution, teams can get connectivity set up within days so that locations can function at full capacity, accessing and sharing critical information as needed. This enables them to deliver optimised patient services while streamlining workflows and reducing costs.
Connected Patient Applications
Healthcare organisations are turning to digital engagement in order to improve patient relations, while streamlining their processes. For example self-service kiosks are providing patient’s with a more responsive and timely service, and alleviating workload from healthcare staff, by enabling actions like self-check-ins, collection of prescription notes, and information provision.
To be effective, these applications require connectivity for real-time content delivery. Fixed line is often too expensive due to the infrastructure changes required, but a 3G/4G connectivity solution can connect kiosks in any location with ease.
High Availability Networking
Cellular solutions can seamlessly integrate with the existing network to increase bandwidth and reliability by intelligently managing and converging wireless and wired networks at the edge – perfect for healthcare where high availability is essential.
- With LTE coverage on major global networks, the GX450 extends broadband connectivity to a wide range of device... Read More
- With state-of-the-art global LTE coverage from the proven leader in LTE technology, the ES450 provides broadba... Read More
- The Digi TransPort WR44 R is a rugged, all-in-one 3G/4G mobile communications solution with true enterprise cl... Read More
- The Digi TransPort WR31 is an intelligent 4G LTE router designed for critical infrastructure and industrial ap... Read More
- Digi TransPort WR21 is a full-featured cellular router offering the flexibility to scale from basic connectivi... Read More
- The Digi TransPort WR11 and WR11 XT deliver a cost-optimised 4G LTE connection to mission critical M2M applica... Read More
- Simple to install and easy to manage, the Raven RV50x industrial gateway is designed to connect critical asset... Read More
- Features of the Digi TransPort LR54 include: * Maximum speed—LTE-Advanced (LTE-A) radio provides CAT 6 sp... Read More
- With wired and wireless routing, foundational SD-WAN, embedded Gigabit-Class LTE, WiFi, and comprehensive secu... Read More
- The Cradlepoint AP22 is ideal for next-generation deployments in small branch offices such as financial and in... Read More
- Equipped with Power-over-Ethernet for flexible, unobtrusive placement anywhere to optimise cellular reception,... Read More
- With the available Gigabit-Class LTE modem, optional second modem, Wave 2 dual-band, and dual-concurrent Gigab... Read More
- With an embedded 1.2 Gbps or 600 Mbps modem for LTE Advanced Pro connectivity, a slot for an optional second m... Read More
- Cradlepoint NetCloud Manager enables zero-touch deployment, remote management and reporting, and NetCloud Peri... Read More
- With an embedded cellular modem, wired WAN connections, and WiFi, the AER1600 cloud-managed branch routers off... Read More
- The AirLink® Management Service is a secure cloud-based management solution that makes it easy to deploy, mon... Read More