Construction sites require fast, secure and flexible connectivity from the very start of every project – and the use of more advanced applications, such as CAD packages and digital marketing suites, drives the need for increased bandwidth as well. 3G/4G solutions can enable construction organisations to instantly set up reliable networks that can power all of their site requirements.
Rapid Connectivity for Temporary Sites
As temporary fixtures, construction site offices and marketing suites are reliant on access to their central databases and systems. They therefore require fast and secure connectivity from the very start of the project build – yet fixed line solutions can rarely meet this time-based objective, resulting in costly delays between the project start and connection dates.
By leveraging the power of 3G/4G networks though, construction companies can implement fast and secure connectivity from day one of the site build. A mobile networking solution delivers a reliable temporary connection while waiting for the fixed line to be installed, empowering the site to progress at full speed right from the start and giving sites immediate access to their centralised back-office systems and applications.
Failover / Primary On-Site Connectivity
Wireless 3G/4G connectivity provides a powerful failover solution for construction sites, ensuring there is a connection to central databases and systems if and when the fixed line fails. It can also provide primary connectivity in rural locations where fixed line speeds are not sufficient.
Many organisations typically use cellular devices for temporary connectivity initially, while they wait for the fixed line to be installed, and then continue to use it for failover afterwards – maximising the return on their investment.
Marketing Suite Guest WiFi
Marketing suites frequently deliver guest WiFi to enhance the customer’s buying experience, but often don’t want the service to be connected to (and therefore potentially create risk in) their primary network. By installing a 3G/4G solution however the suite can create a separate, parallel network to deliver this service hassle-free.
CCTV Monitoring and Management
With an abundance of expensive equipment and vehicles left on an uninhabited and often secluded site overnight, construction sites need to employ CCTV systems to help protect against theft and vandalism.
Deploying cellular technologies to support these systems enables remote monitoring and management of CCTV equipment on site, without the need to install a fixed line, and also allows elective retrieval when footage needs to be accessed quickly.
Contractors often deploy crews to on-site locations where the customer cannot provide access to their Internet connection, either as a matter of network security or because they simply do not have the facility – yet the teams heavily rely on connectivity to access their centralised systems.
By employing a 3G/4G networking solution however, contractors can rapidly deploy an instant WiFi hotspot so that the team can access the central systems they need, without affecting or requiring the customer’s primary network.
- The NetCloud Solution Packages bring together Cradlepoint’s award-winning software plus hardware and support... Read More
- The Cradlepoint AP22 Access Points provide a full security suite for immediate and confident access. As well a... Read More
- The Cradlepoint IBR900 NetCloud Solution Packages include NetCloud software, a router, and 24x7 support with L... Read More
- The Cradlepoint COR IBR600C embedded modems enable wired or wireless WAN connectivity using 4G LTE, 3G EVDO, o... Read More
- Cradlepoint AER Series branch routers provide industry-leading 4G LTE connectivity, as well as Ethernet and Wi... Read More
- The AirLink® RV55 is the industry’s most rugged, compact, LTE-A Pro router. Simple to install, and easy to ... Read More
- The Digi® IX14 is a rugged, secure and reliable LTE industrial router powered by an enhanced operating system... Read More
- With intelligence that makes it quick to deploy and simple to manage, coupled with its ruggedised form factor ... Read More
- Simplify and scale M2M operations with the Sierra Wireless AirLink Management Service (previously known as Air... Read More